18:30 – Einlass und Begrüßung
19:00 – Talk #1: Einführung in Gradle
19:40 – Pause
20:20 – Talk #2: Java APIs – The missing manual
21:00 – Networking
Dank freundlicher Unterstützung vom Rheinwerk Verlag verlosen wir an dem Abend 2 Bücher!
Talk #1: Einführung in Gradle
The talk starts with a short introduction and overview over Gradle Inc., the Gradle Build Tool and some build tool history. What follows is a demo that covers the following topics:
– Creating a gradle build with gradle init
– Writing custom tasks
– Discovering the build using build scans
– Defining custom source sets
– Extracting build logic into separate build scripts
– Extracting build logic into pre-compiled script plugins
– Extracting build logic into build plugins
Demo-Code zum Talk gibt es hier: https://github.com/britter/introduction-to-gradle
Benedikt Ritter: Software Crafter, @TheAsf Member, @ApacheCommons PMC, Open Development Enthusiast, @Autoweirdfm podcaster, from the rhine area, working with @gradle
Talk #2: Java APIs – The misssing manual
This isn’t a talk about microservices, NoSQL, container solutions or hip new frameworks. This talk will show some of the standard Java APIs that are part of Java since version 5, 6, 7 or 8. All those features are very helpful to create maintainable and future-proof applications, regardless of whether JavaEE, Spring, JavaFX or any other framework is used. The talk will give an overview of some important standard concepts and APIs of Java like annotations, null values and concurrency. Based on an overview of this topics and some samples the talk will answer questions like:
– How can I create my own annotations?
– How can I create a plugin structure without using frameworks like OSGI?
– What’s the best way to handle NullPointerExceptions?
– How can I write concurrent code that is still maintainable?
Hendrik Ebbers is a co-founder of Karakun AG and lives in Dortmund, Germany. He is the founder and leader of the Java User Group Dortmund and gives talks and presentations in user groups and conferences. His JavaFX book “Mastering JavaFX 8 Controls” was released 2014 by Oracle press. Hendrik is JavaOne Rockstar, JSR expert group member and Java Champion.